- 1. I could never be an investor.
- 2. Investing is just another word for saving.
- 3. It takes a lot of money to be an investor
- 4. I could never understand investing.
- 5. Investing is too risky for me.
- 6. Stocks are just one big gamble.
- Bonds are boring and too hard to understand.
- Small investors never succeed.
- All investments are scams.
- No financial advisor would want to talk to me.
Myths About Investing
You work hard for your money, and your money can work harder for you too when you save and invest it well. The world of investing may seem like a scary place, but knowledge and skill building can help reduce your fear. If you shy away from investing because you think don’t understand it, you are selling yourself short. (That’s also an investment term, by the way.) You know more than you think, and what you don’t know you can learn. There’s no magic or mystery to successful investing. Are your beliefs making it more difficult?
Start by taking this quick quiz. Click on the question to discover the right answer.